Subject: Re: Parity or Non Parity?
From: [email-masked] (William A. Mendez )
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 19:24:55 -0800

You wrote: 
>
>>>>Do I buy parity or non parity ram?
>
>As a former hardware designer for fault tolerant systems, I would say
>absolutely do NOT waste your money on parity RAM unless your system
>requires it. You are a 1000x more likely to encounter a system error
>from board noise, marginal timing, peripheral errors/failures, supply
>spikes, or any number of other sources before you will ever see a
>memory error. The only memory error common enough to be of concern is
>total chip failure (and of course parity won't help you there :-)
>  

Hello Mark,

In my case and many ALPHA users Parity ram is a must or can ALPHA's and 
other RISC based machine use Non-Parity ram?

Thanks!
Will Mendez